Bridge the gapp is a free online resource for youth and adults. It connects you to self-help information and local supports through the service directory. You can also access a variety of topics under tabs such as Get Inspired, Wall of Hope, Mood Metre and Information Booth. There’s something for everyone. Please visit www.bridgethegapp.ca to access the resources on the web and to download apps for your mobile device.
BreathingRoom™ is a free online program, designed for youth and young adults who want to learn new ways to manage stress, depression or anxiety:
- Give yourself a few minutes a day to relax and refresh while gaining practical strategies.
- Videos, stories and activities offer ideas and tools to help you move forward.
- The BreathingRoom™ can be used by yourself or supported by an online coach, counsellor or teacher who checks in with you each week.
Visit the BreathingRoom™.
Improve your mental wellness, resilience and performance by joining the 30 Day Mindfulness Challenge. A new challenge starts every Monday. It is available for free from a computer, tablet or phone in French and English and only takes five to ten minutes a day.
Strongest Families Institute (SFI) is a not-for-profit agency designed to support children and youth from 3 to 17 years of age:
- This program may be for you if you have concerns about your child’s behaviour, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, bullying or bedwetting.
- Support is provided to families over the phone and online in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Families can be referred by a teacher, guidance counsellor, physician, nurse, social worker, etc.
To learn more:
- Parents Brochure (PDF) – Strongest Families Institute
- Strongest Families Institute
- Strongest Families Referral Form (PDF)
I CAN (Conquer Anxiety and Nervousness)
I CAN supports young adults (18-30 years) in learning life skills to overcome anxiety and cope with major life stressors. The program offers distance telephone and online coaching, and is free to residents of Newfoundland and Labrador.
TAO – Therapy Assistance Online
TAO – Self-Help Library is an online mental health library available in French and English for youth and adults. There are interactive education modules and practice tools to help you understand and manage how you feel, think and act. You choose the modules you believe will help you feel well and live the life you choose. The TAO Self-Help library is a great addition to support your wellness journey.
TAO – With a Counsellor is an online program, for youth and adults, which combines online education materials with brief clinician contact by phone, chat or video conferencing to improve your health and wellness.
TMH.org aims to provide the best available evidence-based mental health information to young people, their parents, health-care providers and educators through the on-line web-based portal teenmentalhealth.org.
Kids Help Phone is always there for you. No matter what you want to talk about, we’re here to listen. No judgment, totally private, 24 hours, seven days a week.
Go to Kids Help Phone to connect by text, email, or live chat.