Who we are
- We are youth outreach workers, also called ‘YOWers.’
- We provide brief intervention outreach services to youth within the division of child and adolescent mental health.
- Some of our goals are to reduce harm associated with substance use, as well as helping youth to stay in school.
What we do
Youth outreach workers are available throughout the region to assist in a number of ways, including:
- acting as a mentor and a positive influence;
- helping youth find their way through services and treatment available in the community and at Eastern Health;
- providing information about the things youth can do to stay or get healthy, and supporting them to get the best things out of life;
- working in partnership with schools and community agencies to provide early intervention and outreach services to youth and their friends; and
- informal counselling.
Who we see
We see children and youth between the ages of 10 and 17 years old.
How to access this service
Admission is determined and coordinated through child and youth intake for St. John’s metro. For admission outside the metro area, please call the number below for your area or call the NL Health Line 811 for further information.
How to reach us
- St. John’s metro: 709-777-2200
- Holyrood, Whitebourne, St. Mary’s Bay, and Placentia Bay: 709-227-6832
- Bay Roberts and Harbour Grace: 709-945-6513
- Bonavista: 709-468-5318
- Clarenville: 709-466-5723
- Grand Bank: 709-832-1640
- Marystown: 709-279-7952