Who we are
The Eating Disorder Transition Service is a psychology outpatient service available within the Eastern region for adults, including youth 18 years of age and older. The goal of this program is to assist in individuals transition between services, for example, from adolescent services to adult services for from an inpatient service to outpatient services.
What we do
- Psychological treatment specializing in eating disorders.
- Treatment planning, including transitioning to other more intensive services such as the HOPE Program or the Eating Disorder Transition Service, or to less intensive services, such as outpatient services or DoorWays.
- Discharge planning.
Who we see
- Individuals with symptoms consistent with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and other specified feeding and eating disorders. Please note that a formal diagnosis is not a requirement for referral.
- Directing a referral to the transition program could be based on:
- Preference for the for type of service as well as appropriateness of the service. For instance, at times, you may prefer one type of service, but you would benefit more from another service. You may prefer individual therapy, but would benefit more from group therapy, in which case a more appropriate referral will be discussed.
- A concern that you may not meet the criteria for an eating disorder diagnosis, or
- a lack of readiness for the HOPE Program or inpatient program.
- Clients will need to have continued medical monitoring as they participate in outpatient services and upon discharge.
How to access this service
- Individuals can be referred through their physician or nurse practitioner, or through other parts of the eating disorder continuum of care, such as through the Adolescent Medicine Team, outpatient dietitians, the HOPE Program or the Eating Disorder Transition Service. A completed referral formshould be sent to Adult Eating Disorder Services by fax at 709-777-2042.
- Upon receipt of a referral, the transition psychologist will call the client, inviting them to make an appointment either by telephone at: 709-777-2041 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we are
Eating Disorder Transition
35 Major’s Path, Suite 10, St. John’s, NL
How to reach us