What we do
The Mental Health and Addictions Program provides financial subsidy to clients who meet criteria for supportive board and lodging with non-relatives. Supportive board and lodging is a situation whereby client live with a boarding home operator, have their own private bedroom, are provided with three meals per day, and may be provided with additional support such as, but not limited to:
- housekeeping and laundry services;
- monitoring and supervision of medications;
- assisting with appointments; and
- liaising with the case manager to advocate for needed services and/or consultation for crisis intervention.
Who can access this service
This service is for you, if you:
- are 18 to 64 years of age;
- have a diagnosed severe and persistent mental illness and or addiction issue;
- have insight into your mental illness;
- are agreeable to a supportive board and lodging arrangement, and you and your treatment team have determined it to be the most appropriate housing option;
- meet financial eligibility for the subsidy; and
- have or are willing to have a case manager for support services and monitoring.
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
How to reach us
Telephone: 709-777-3340 (intake social worker)