Suicide is one of the top 10 causes of death in Canada. The more we talk about suicide, the more we break down the stigma that surrounds it.
No one feels good all the time, but if you feel like you have no options or no way out, or feel you can’t live life like this anymore, or feel that dying may be your only option, you need to know help is available.
In case of emergency, go to the nearest Emergency Department or call 911 for an ambulance.
There are many provincial and national resources to help you and your loved ones:
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888-737-4668
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or use the Live Chat at www.kidshelpphone.ca
- Crisis TextLine Powered by Kids Help Phone: Text TALK to 686868
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- Canadian Mental Health Association:
- Centre for Mental Health and Addictions