Who we are
- We know that you, and your family, may be involved with a number of agencies, service providers and other helpers.
- The CONNECT Team’s role is to support you as you use these varied services.
- We are driven by your individual needs, tailored to your developmental stage while recognizing and embracing your strengths, abilities, talents and capacities.
- Our team looks at the connections between trauma, mental health and substance use while offering supports and strategies aimed at meeting your goals. This approach helps you to build a safe and trusting relationship.
- Our mission is to work with you, in collaboration with your family and various service providers, to enhance your life at home, in school and in the community.
What we do
- Service and resource coordination
- Assisting with transitioning (e.g. custody, residential treatment, acute hospitalization, etc.)
- Intensive case management
- Clinical social work and child and youth care interventions
- Community capacity building
- Case management
- Substance use counselling
Who we see
We see young people with complex service needs, between the ages of 12 and 18, and their families.
Participation in this program is completely voluntary.
Common reasons for referral
You and your family, may need support to connect with services, or may have services already in place that require further coordination. We work directly with you to address specific needs in your home and in your community.
How to access this service
Referrals to the CONNECT team can be made by completing the mental health and addictions referral form (PDF) and faxing it to 709-752-6863.
- Provincial youth corrections mental health coordinator
- Regional mental health resource coordinators
- Child and youth care counsellors
Read, Connect Team: Making connections with vulnerable youth, on Eastern Health’s StoryLine.
Where we are
Mount Pearl Square, Community Services Office
760 Topsail Road
Mount Pearl, NL
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to reach us
Telephone: 709-777-2148 (resource coordinator)
Telephone: 709-752-3914 (office)